Sunday 28 July 2013

Brake pedal

Well I finally got a bit on the car which surprisingly was the brake pedal and associated gubbins. I was a little put off when opening the master cylinder to find the notice below:
I can't see how anything can go wrong.
Now, consider that until I saw a picture of it a few minutes ago, I had no idea what a master cylinder looked like, so I'm certainly not 'experienced' or 'competent' and I have no idea 'how to properly use this product'. Still, I'm not letting that put me off as brakes are for wussies anyway :)

I even put the pedals in the correct order.
So today's mission is made up of these six bits, three pedals, two master cylinders and a joiny thing. The joiny thing needs to be taken apart though and hammered through the brake pedal, this made me smile as my first job on the car utilises a hammer, who'd have thought.
Of course it wasn't as easy as that as before I could get hammering I had to remove a fiddly c-clip which 1) is very tight 2) likely to break 3) impossible to put back on afterwards. So Tim came up a bodge where we basically just hammered it anyway. It worked, and we were happy as it involved a successful bodge. So the brake pedal now has the master cylinder's attached.

Next it's just the case of fitting it to the car, the first bit to go on! Of course, another hurdle in that the bolts to attach the master cylinders to the frame were not in the kit, I have no idea if they should have been in the kit, so I've just put some temporary bolts in for now to get it all adjusted correctly
It's upside down, but the brake pedal is now in place.



No comments:

Post a Comment