Thursday 25 July 2013

Unboxing

Although it didn't actually come in a box, I decided that I'd start by getting organised and unbox everything and see what I had. It turns out I have quite a lot of things. I started labeling stuff and getting organised but it soon turned out that I have no idea what most of the bits are. That's ok though, I have some instructions which I haven't looked at yet, that'll sort me out hopefully! Otherwise there might be quite a lot of 'guess where this goes' competitions on this blog.
Pretty sure these are something to do with the brake system.
I'm a little worried however that there are only three of them!

With everything now in order I turned to the first job in hand, fitting the floor.

The floor is a sheet of aluminium (that's al-u-min-i-um, not aloo-me-num, don't make me hit you) that needs to be cut out to fit and pop riveted to the frame, easy right? Except that I have no clue what to cut it with or a pop rivet gun thing. Fast forward a little and after talking to Mick at work, I now have a plan, and some tools.

Hopefully this will be the last time it's this way up.
Unwrapping was a little like xmas, except without a massive meal. Man, I should have done some of those pigs in blankets, that would have ruled.

Once unwrapped I tipped it on the side, popped the floor down and put it back the right way up. Pretty sure I haven't done anything wrong yet, best take some photos before it's on fire and my bicycle welded to the roll cage.
Still more work to do before it's finished.

Now that the floor is layed in place, I took the opportunity to try it out, don't get me wrong, the car is still missing a few bits such as wheels, brakes, an engine and well, everything, but I had to try it out.

Next up: Cutting the floor out (dreading that bit), and riveting it in place.



Thanks for labeling it, but I'd figured it out.

The floor in place.







No comments:

Post a Comment