Wednesday 2 October 2013

Stripping

I needed to strip, in fact I spent most of the night stripping. Haha, I'm so funny, I meant stripping the bike, oh how we all laughed.


Before I got to work on it.
I needed several parts from the Hayabusa, things like the dashboard, radiator, wiring loom, mirrors, switching gear, oh and that little bit called the engine.

The rest of the bits have a date on eBay, but that's a little way off yet.

I'd delayed pulling the bike apart as I was having fun using it for my daily commute, with my KTM still being repaired from it's incident with a Land Rover  (stupid woman!), I'd only had my DRZ-400 all summer. So it was quite nice to have something with a bit more umph. Now I only live 3-4 miles from work, but it's odd how occasionally it would take me 15 miles to get home :)


A pile of plastic
Anyway, the time had come, I had to start work on it, and it was coming to the end of the month, so I needed to get it SORNed before I lost another month's tax.

The fairings came off quite easily, taking bikes apart is much easier when you don't have to remember or think about how to put them back together again afterwards. So after a couple of hours, I had a pile of plastic. The nose was a little trickier, but it soon relinquished, and it was just after taking this off when I thought that the bike was still in fully running order...

I wasn't about to blast off with a new naked version of a 'busa, but I did need to take some pics and videos. So that I knew what the startup sequence looked like, I filmed that to compare with when I had rewired it all for the car.

I then had the bright idea of firing up the engine, to record the sound of the cans so that when I sold them, I could demonstrate how good they sounded.
This is what happened:


Yes, after blipping the throttle, the bike was such a monster that the ceiling lights fell down and smashed. I think that's enough stripping for tonight!

Here's where I'm up to:





1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure about having a ride in that car, if your light fitting skills are anything to go by then? LOL
    Must be gutted having to destroy the Busa :(

    ReplyDelete